Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Labangon Week 6‏

Hello everyone!

So I'm sure you're all dying to know what happened with transfer calls? Well my sweet little Sister De Jesus is transferring to Negros (the other island in Cebu mission) and guess who her replacement is? I don't know! That's because I'm training! On the mission if you train you are called a nanay (mom) and your trainee is your anak (child) so I am joining the mommy club and going to pick up my anak at the mission home tomorrow! What makes this even more fun and exciting is that Sister Minguez has trained 3 missionaries (including me) and all 3 of us are training this transfer....and one of them is living in the same house as me! So our house will consist of me and my anak, my sister, and her anak (my niece)! I'm super excited.

Well it's been a really great week. I love my area and I'm thankful I have another guaranteed 2 transfers here with my anak. There are so many elect people here. Week after week we find ourselves running to appointments and so exhausted by the end of the day- THIS is missionary work!

I'm going to tell you guys a little bit about our investigator Elsie who will be getting baptized on August 9th. She is originally from Iloilo, but lived in Manila before moving to Labangon with her family...she is SO great! We teach her in a mix of ilonggo/tagalog/english but I usually just speak English haha :) It's way fun. We have been planning her baptism this week and she has volunteered to 1- sing "How great thou art" at her baptism and 2- hire a jeepney to bring all of her family and friends to the baptism. :) She is 62 years old but the one of the most happy and energetic people I have ever met. We've been talking a lot with her about the word of wisdom, tithing, and other standards of the church and she is willing to do any of it! We're super happy because after discussing the word of wisdom she just went and sold her coffee maker right away!

And Fernando, he is a taxi driver, he is the nephew of our ward mission leader and was a referral from him as well. Fernando is being baptized on August 9th as well. He has to work on Sundays, so we taught him about the Sabbath Day and committed him to not work on Sundays. Well two days later we get a text from him saying that he was headed to a job interview for a job as a supervisor in the company...meaning he can make his own schedule and won't have to work on Sundays!! We are going to see him tonight and find out if he got the job and I really hope he got it. These people are just willing to do anything to accept the gospel...no pulling teeth...they just do it!

We were able to go to the temple this morning and it's the first time I've been in a while. I was reminded of how much I LOVE the temple, and how pretty the Cebu temple is. If you haven't gone to the temple in a while...I encourage you to go! You guys are so blessed in Utah you could even pick which temple you want to go to! :)

While at the temple I ran into Joy, who is that lady who added me on FB before my mission. This is the second time I have seen her on my mission...and come to find out she actually knows Lorie's family because she is from the same place as them. Small world! I really love her. It's interesting how my mission has come full circle and I still have 7 months left!

Speaking of...I reached my 11 month mark on the mission Monday! I consider my present to be my anak, I am really excited to train. :)

Also...someone special has a birthday coming up! MY IGSOON! Happy birthday miss Allie Sue!! My sassy little sister who I love so much...I love you and I am so proud of you for all you're doing back at home :) Enjoy your birthday party and send me some cake...no? :)

Well that's about all for this week. I'm super excited for you guys to "meet" my anak next week! If you have time this week, I encourage you to read my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon...Alma 26. This pretty much expresses the feelings I have about my mission. "I can't express the smallest part of what I feel." I LOVE MY MISSION and I am sooooo thankful for this special time in my life. Biggest blessing I've ever received for sure.

Nahigugma ko ninyo!

Love, Sister Joslyn Harris

Yes this is a house

Trisha's Baptism

I love Elsie

Martin and friends

Labangon my area

Vanilla Coke for Mom

FHE at Pasada's

Primary Girls

Chini our cute recent convert

We have fun/I sure love her

Trisha's Baptism
 

No comments:

Post a Comment