Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Labangon Week 7‏

Hello everyone!

Wow, what a week it has been! It's amazing and somewhat unbelievable how much my life has changed in the course of just 6 days.

Well, last Thursday I woke up bright and early and headed to the mission office for a fun day of training and meeting my trainee! All of the trainers got there first, and it was fun to see missionaries I haven't seen in a while. About an hour later, the new missionaries came in and it's funny how I just KNEW I would train Sister Primero from the first time I saw her.

Sister Primero is my anak (child, trainee) she is from Tarlac City, Central Luzon. She Is 21 years old (but looks like she's 12) and is an animal science major (Allie would LOVE her!) She is super sweet and super tiny, smiley, and loves to laugh and giggle. She is a native Ilocano/Tagalog speaker, so I am teaching her how to speak Cebuano. It sure has been an interesting, hard, fun, exhausting, rewarding week but it is all worth it. You don't really appreciate your trainer until you are given a chance to train, that's for sure!

We had a fun surprise on Sunday! We came home from working at the end of the day, and right during our nightly planning, the doorbell rang...it was nobody other than our dear mission president, his wife, and the AP's! There are 2 new missionaries in the house, and so Sister McCurdy made us homemade bread and they came to check on the new missionaries. How sweet! They stayed for about a half hour and we all just chatted and ate warm homemade bread. What mission president does that?! I am so lucky!

Elise passed her baptism interview with flying colors...we have a new district leader, Elder Knutson (from Washington State) and Elsie really, really liked him...she has been planning on her nephew baptizing her but after the interview she changed her mind and now wants Elder Knutson to baptize her. Haha! The baptism is this saturday the 9th! And her birthday is on Sunday :)

Yesterday we were trying to get a tricycle ride to our next appointment, and seriously there were NO tricycles...we waited and then a school bus pulls up to the side of the road and they offered to take us to our appointment! Riding in style :) haha so funny. First school bus ride I've had in the Philippines :) We were on the bus with about 20 students haha

Fernando is doing really good, we had to move his baptism to the 21st because of some scheduling problems but he is doing great, progressing just fine, and yesterday he climbed the coconut tree and grabbed us a coconut, chopped it in half with a machete, and gave us a snack right then and there!

I am doing great, I can't believe I only have 6 months left here. You guys are all going back to school and summer is winding down and it won't be back until I am home. Soooo crazy! I am working overtime these last 6 months...it is truly a blessing to be a missionary.

Have a great week, and remember you are loved!
Love, Sister Joslyn Harris

the picture is me and my anak Sister Primero :)
 
New Companion Sister Primero

eating fresh coconut

Happy Birthday Allie

Surprise visit from Pres & Sis McCurdy

The Tescon's Dinner

Investigator Fernando and his children

Pretty Cebu

Lots of Rice......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment