Friday, April 19, 2013

April 17, 2013

The day I received my mission call.

I knew it would be coming that day, and I knew our mail usually came around 12:30-1:00.

When it got to be 1:30....then 2:00, and still no mail, I had to take matters into my own hands!

After driving around for a few minutes, I found the mailman {who is actually a girl, and a sub} at 7-11. I asked her if she had my call, and she did! So I just took it right then and there.

A normal person gets their mission call out of the mailbox. Me? I get mine at 7-11. Good times! When does anything normal ever happen around here?? What is "normal" anyways?

Fast-forward a few hours, I had called/texted family and friends to come find out where I'd be serving.

The house was full of excitement, and I was freaking out a little! I mean, who wouldn't...the contents of this envelope are going to change my life.

Then I opened it...



PHILIPPINES
PHILIPPINES
PHILIPPINES
PHILIPPINES
PHILIPPINES


I am still in shock...and I don't think it will fully hit me until I get to the MTC, on August 28th.

I am BEYOND happy, excited, thrilled...I'm just so so so SO excited. and blessed. and humbled.

I'll be speaking a language I've never heard of before, in a place that I've never been before, but it feels like I've been there. It's comforting. It feels like home.

The overwhelming love I have for these people, this culture, only 2 days after I opened my call, is indescribable.

The Lord needs me in the Philippines for reasons I have yet to discover. 4 months seems like a long time to wait, but I've heard that it goes by fast. I'm glad I have time to get everything in order...there is so much to be done!

But I'm happy to do it. Actually, I'm more than happy to do it...there is NO PLACE else I'd rather be right now. There's NOTHING else I'd rather be doing. This gospel means everything to me.

When I was thinking about the love I have for these people, a thought came to mind. I want to give these Filipinos THE WORLD. I want to give them everything I have. Then I realized something...

I am giving them everything! The gospel brings so much happiness and peace to my life, and I know that it will bring happiness and peace to their lives as well.



I am so blessed. So, so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this post, it made me tear up. *sniff* Thank you for sharing that sweet, sweet spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teagan that is so very sweet of you! Thank you! I'm so glad my cousin filmed this so that I can watch it whenever I want to have a good cry ;) haha. Missions are the best!

      Delete