Monday, May 6, 2013

I went inside today- May 3, 2013

Friday May 3, 2013 is a day I will always remember.
No more singing "I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday..." all day I was singing, "I love to see the temple, I'll go inside TODAY!"
I waited all my life for this day to come and it finally came! I was so excited! Not even nervous at all! I was so ready!!
We drove to the temple and that drive up the hill to the Bountiful Temple is my FAVORITE. except for when I'm the one driving...ha. But I love when you're going up the hill and all of a sudden you see the temple. Love it!
It seriously was the best day EVER. I love the temple so much and I know that it is the house of the Lord. I have made it a priority to go to the temple for a while now, and I'm so glad I started that tradition a while ago because it will make it that much easier for me to keep going.
I love this quote by Jeffery R. Holland, "If you have made covenants, keep them; if you haven't made covenants, make them."

In about January-February I had a feeling that I'd be going to the temple soon, still deciding on whether or not I was going to serve a mission...but I just KNEW that it wouldn't be long before I would go through the temple.
Now, look where I'm at...it's May 6th and I've received my mission call, it's starting to sink in that I'm REALLY going to the Philippines, and in case any of you are wondering, there are only 114 days until my adventure starts!!

I know I've said this before, but I am SO EXCITED and so blessed to have this opportunity to serve the people of the Philippines. I am a firm believer that coincidences don't exist, only tender mercies...and there were SO many tender mercies at the temple and I know with a surety that the Lord needs me to help carry out His work in the Philippines.

It's happening. One step closer to Cebu.



No comments:

Post a Comment