Wednesday, September 10, 2014

happy wednesday :)‏

Hello to my dear family and friends! Kamusta mo diha?! I sure love and miss you all, but doing just as great as ever here!

Transfer calls came and I will be staying in Labangon for another 6 weeks to finish the training of Sister Primero :) I am really excited to stay. I know that my work here isn't finished yet and I'm excited to see what the next 6 weeks have in store!

Last Wednesday after emailing, we had a zone activity. We did Amazing Race...you know like the tv show? Well the ZL's gave us clues and we had to go to all these different places, kinda like a scavenger hunt. It was really fun...we split up from our companions and were in groups of 3 with other missionaries. One of the groups of elders rigged the whole thing though! We would've won if we didn't have to go to 6 places instead of 4! Whatever, still fun :)

We had a great ZTM (zone training meeting) based on this talk from Elder Bednar that has changed my life and my mission. I encourage you all to read it. 


I love the quote from Elder Maxwell when he says "not shrinking is better than surviving". Doesn't that apply so well to our lives? Does the Savior want us to give up and quit when it's hard? NO! Just read the talk, and see how you can apply it into your life. I love it.

We have this really great investigator named Aiko, she is 18 and the daughter of a less-active member. Her baptism is scheduled for the end of October. She is really smart, and has a lot of scholarships for her schooling. Her scholarships came from a Catholic priest. She told the priest that she is being baptized into our church, and he wasn't too happy with her. He told her that if she is baptized, that he will take her scholarships away. We encouraged her that baptism is the right decision, and to "seek first the kingdom of God" (3 Nephi 13:33). Well, she decided to move forward with her baptism. We aren't sure what will happen to her schooling, but she is so young, and her faith is soooo strong! I know something will happen so she can find another scholarship and keep going to school. 

Yesterday, we did a "visiting teaching caravan". However, only 3 sisters showed up...so it wasn't really a caravan ;) We split up and I went with Sister Posadas and we had a lot of fun visiting the sisters. I love visiting teaching! I'm going to be such a better visiting teacher after my mission than I was before my mission :)

That's about all that happened this week. Thank you all for your love and support, as always!! I'm just happy to be here in the Philippines, and happy to be a missionary. Have a great week :)

Love, Sister Joslyn Harris

p.s. the picture is a really sad kitten we found this week, he was stuck there in a tindahan and crying! 
Zone Activity

 
FHE

Member Kiyo

Lost Kitty

zone activity

Scavenger Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment