Tuesday, February 17, 2015

every end is just a new beginning‏

I can't believe this is the last letter I'll write as a full time missionary. I don't know what to say. It doesn't seem real. I have absolutely LOVED my mission and these 18 months I have had in the Philippines serving my Heavenly Father.  This mission has truly been the hardest but best and most joyful thing I have ever done. I look back on the experiences I have had, the good, the bad, the downright weird and strange....and these experiences have completely transformed me and changed me. My conversion is deeper, my love and appreciation for the gospel and my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ is deeper. These are things I never could have learned living my normal life back at home.

I have learned that I REALLY am a daughter of Heavenly Father, that He loves me and knows me perfectly and completely. I know He knew exactly what He was doing when I was sent to the Cebu Mission. It took me 18 months and a mission halfway across the world to truly understand that I have a loving Heavenly Father and an older brother Jesus Christ and that they are REAL- but I'm so thankful for that knowledge that I now have.

In my final testimony at zone conference last Thursday, I started out my testimony by saying how much I have loved my mission because it has taught me that I can do hard things.I have learned through the hard times (and good times) on my mission how to use and rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Christ didn't just suffer for our sins but he gave us a way to reach our full potential and become better people. I know I still have so much to learn but I am so thankful for the knowledge I now have that I don't have to do it alone.

I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for my mission for every single companion I have had, for all of the areas I have served in, for every person that has come into my life these past 18 months. I have learned to love and see everyone as a child of God.

I am so thankful for my family who has been so loving and supportive all the way. I am thankful I've been able to help people come closer to their eternal families all while not having to worry about my family back at home.

I had a lot more I wanted to say but as I sit here and write this, I have so many thoughts going through my mind but overall I just want to let you know how thankful I am for my mission and for the opportunity to love and serve God's children in the Philippines. They have changed me. 

I'll be home in a few days. SEE you all soon :)

Love,Sister Harris
 
At church

Goodbye party

Good Bye

Bacong missionary's

Batchmates

Chabelita Flors Sister in Law

Chicken Cart he he

habla 2x ride

Dinner?  Not really just kidding around ha ha

Last Batch Photo

Mae is going to the Philippines Angeles mission

Going on a mission

Pres & Sis McCurdy

Me and Elder Buque are leaving

Fav treat fresh coconut

Going away party

Necklaces from Sis Henrichsen

No Make Up ha ha

mmmm shrimp

Sis Aqualando

Party time 
 

 

Sis Guia and Sis Barbie
 

Sis Hayes

Sis Ramos

Sis Tuellers Posterity

Us and Flor
 

1 comment: