Tuesday, December 9, 2014

all is well :)

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for all of your prayers this week! Everything is fine, I am fine, my companion is fine, our area is fine, in fact...all of Cebu mission is just fine. All is well. We were truly being watched over and protected during the typhoon. Friday we had to come home at 5pm, Saturday we had to come home at 12pm noon, and Sunday we didn't go to church- all precautions that were taken by my mission leaders that I am thankful for because they kept us safe. The sky was soooo dark and grey and "treacherous" in the words of Grandpa, but I truly believe that as a direct result of an obedient and faithful mission, we were protected.
My mission really has been defined by natural disasters. In the last 16 months I have experienced the following, two of which happened in my first transfer: a serious earthquake, Typhoon Yolanda, and Typhoon Ruby. These natural disasters are a not-so-gentle reminder to me that the second coming of our Savior Jesus Christ is closer now than ever before. Are we all truly ready for that day when He will come again? If not, which I don't think any of us are ever truly, fully, completely ready...what do we need to do to become ready? Are there changes in our lives that need to be made? If so, let's make those changes! 
My new companion arrived just in time for the typhoon. Sister Linao is thee best! She is from Butuan, Mindinao. She is actually the only filipina companion I've had that is younger AND taller than me. She went to an English speaking school so her English is pretty good and that's usually what we speak. She's been out 4 months and this is her 2nd area. She's just really excited about missionary work and full of energy. I'm excited for this transfer with her and hopefully I'll spend next transfer (my last transfer) with her here in Bacong.
Not much happened this week as we were inside the house. Pero we had success teaching a less active member this week and his investigator girlfriend. RR and Jarlene. She has been an "investigator" forever but never really taught jud by the missionaries. This week we've had lessons twice with her and RR and they committed to start working on their marriage papers so that Jarlene can be baptized. It's an early Christmas miracle! 
Well I love you all and hope you are healthy, safe, and happy this Christmas season. Tomorrow the senior couple here the Henrichsen's are working with us, Friday is the Bacong Christmas Party, Saturday and Sunday is Stake Conference, and Monday is the Cebu Mission Christmas Party. I'm excited. It's a busy time of year! 
 
Love you all and don't forget to read your scriptures :)
Love, Sister Harris :)


Sis Linao & Me

Us again

New investigator

Julia and Missionary's

Me & Julia

Me & Julia
Love, Sister Harris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment