Tuesday, August 13, 2013

8.13.13


So I heard this analogy the other day and thought it was a good one! I love it and I never want to forget it so I thought I would share here on my mission blog :)

Life is like an escalator. When trials arise, there are two ways to get through. Either with God, or against God. If we decide to go against God (I can do this on my own, etc.) it's like trying to walk up an escalator that is going down. A.K.A. hard!! It's us who make our trials hard, and usually we make them harder than they are supposed to be by thinking we know everything. The easiest way to get through a trial is to turn around and let the escalator take you the right way... Let God guide you and everything will be okay. Learn the lesson you are supposed to learn from that trial and keep on keepin' on.

I love that and I think it's SO true and can be applied to all aspects of life, not just missionary work!! But it was perfect for me as I'm getting ready to leave, to realize that things are so much easier if we will turn our lives over to God. It's simple. 

In 12 days I will be giving my farewell talk, 14 days I will be set apart, and 15 days until I report to the MTC!! Exciting times!! I'm just so ready to get out there and share the gospel.

Life is good, thanks for reading my blog.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment